See All FAQs
Who can apply for a secured or unsecured personal loan?
The first thing you should do is check your eligibility with the lender. If you're looking to apply for a personal loan with SocietyOne, you'll need to ensure you meet our lending criteria below:
- You need to be at least 18 years of age
- Be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia
- You must earn more than $30,000 per annum
- It's important that you have a good credit history
If you're applying for a secured personal loan, you will need to have an asset to pledge as security. At SocietyOne, your asset will need to meet a minimum value, depending on the amount you wish to borrow. Acceptable assets include:
- Vehicles (passenger and light commercial vehicles)
- Marine (boats and personal watercrafts)
We do not accept heavy commercial vehicles.
You will need to provide asset details, proof of ownership or purchase invoice, and insurance as part of the verification process.